Yogurt cake is a popular French recipe many children make with their parents, grandparents or at school. I learned how to make yogurt cake from my colleagues when I was working at a school in Paris. It is very easy to make, even for kids. It is fail poof; a little more or a little less of one ingredient will not harm your yogurt cake and it will still come out amazing. There are many variations to the yogurt cake recipe that you can try. You can improvise and add different flavors such as berries, chocolate chips, or Nutella, as you desire. I make yogurt cake with my daughter all of the time and it’s always really good. For this recipe use an individual serving yogurt cup because you use this cup to measure everything in the recipe.
How to make yogurt cake: Step-by-step instructions
- 1 individual cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 yogurt cups of sugar
- 2 yogurt cups of flour
- ½ yogurt cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Empty the yogurt in a mixing bowl
- Add the eggs and sugar and mix well
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix well
- Add the vanilla extract and oil and mix well
- Batter should be smooth
- Put in a greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes
- Let it cool and enjoy!
- Bon appétit!