To Wear Cloth Diapers or Not To Wear Cloth Diapers….
Cloth Diapers. This diapering is a question some soon-to-be parents might start asking each other. It is an important one posed in those pre-baby times. The choice is not always as easily laid out for some. While both diapering methods have their pros and their cons.
PROS of Disposable Diapers:
- Easy disposal of waste after use, i.e. garbage
- Fewer parts to the diaper itself
- Found in every supermarket, super store, and drug store around the country
- Upfront cost (per-package) is reasonable
- Generally leak-proof
CONS of Disposable Diapers:
- Collective price over time is expensive
- Can cause diaper rash, sometime sever, due to minimum air flow
- Environmentally Damaging (waste)
PROS of Cloth Diapers:
- They are environmentally friendly
- They are reusable (no waste, and disposable liners are flushable)
- They are cost effective over the diapering time period
- A more sophisticated design have made them almost completely leak-proof
- Can last from child to child to child…
CONS of Cloth Diapers:
- Upfront cost are expensive
- There are many parts (depending on brand, some are one piece however, many have a liner, pad, and over pant, like gDiapers)
- If not washed ASAP they can become smelly or stained
- They are not disposable, if out you will have a used diaper traveling with you
There are plethora of websites that can give you reviews, directions, and insight on diapering. With my experience with diapering (I have tried both methods) I prefer cloth diapers. Why? For me the environmental affects out weighted the convenience afforded by disposable. The overall expense, was expensive upfront, was quiet affordable.
I do not use the flushable liners and use bleach when cleaning my cloth diapers. Using bleach cuts the residual smell, stains, and maintains the diapers cleanliness. Although leaks with cloth diapers happens, I have not experienced it to excess. (In the morning right at wake up time) I have leaned on disposable diapers on long trips or outings if they are going to be excessively long.
Brands like G Diapers offer many packaged deals and can be combined with price deals, like, DIAPERS.COM offer codes. There are many other brands that you may like which can be found online or in stores.
I am not opposed to disposables as well. Deals can be found online and in stores with coupons, codes, and sales. Deals can also be found through couponing and money saving sites like The Krazy Coupon Lady or coupon mom or Retail Moutain.
Happy Diapering!By Vanessa